- Monday November 10: Recital by classical guitarist Mary Akerman (Student in 1980's Segovia California masterclass and winner of the 1985 Guitar Foundation of America International Competition). See calendar for details.
- Friday November 21: Jazz Clinic/Masterclass by NYC jazz guitarist Ben Monder (New England Conservatory). See calendar for details.
- YSU student Christopher Mrofchak was awarded 2nd prize at the 2014 Stroud All-Ohio Classical Guitar Competition (held at the Oberlin Conservatory).
- Chris Mrofchak accepts a graduate teaching assistantship to study at the Florida State University in Fall 2014 under the direction of world renowned pedagogue Bruce Holzman.
- The Dana Guitar Quartet (Ben Dague, Chris Mrofchak, Phil Monrean, and Mike Reardon) performs on the nationally syndicated ABC News show 20/20 on April 26, Saturday, 2014.
- On May 17 the Dana Guitar Quartet performed at a fundraiser attended by Ed O'Neill, star of Married with Children and Modern Family.
- YSU guitar student Philip Monrean performs with the YSU Symphony Orchestra in February 2014 after winning the Dana School of Music concerto competition.
- Michael Reardon to play in a masterclass with the Los Angeles Guitar Quartet on March 21, 2015.
- March 24, 2015: Recital by Russian guitarist Anton Baranov (Winner of the 2013 Guitar Foundation of America International Guitar Competition). See calendar for details.
- April 3, 2015: Jazz guitar clinic, guest artist Dan Wilson. See calendar for details.
Our 2013-2014 concert season features masterclasses by jazz guitarists Dan Wilson (Akron, Ohio) and Bruce Saunders (Berklee College of Music, Boston), and recitals by classical guitarists Jeffrey McFadden (University of Toronto, Canada) and Andrew Zohn (CSU, Georgia). Please see calendar.
YSU College of Creative Arts and Communication 60 second guitar promo:
Two YSU guitar students (Christopher Mrofchak and Benjamin Dague) have been selected to play in masterclasses with world-renowned guitarists Manuel Barrueco and David Russell. The events are hosted by the Cleveland Classical Guitar Society.
The following people and organizations have generously supported the Dana
Guitar Association's 2013-2014 concert season. We encourage
you to patronize these fine sponsors. For more information please
visit the Sponsors page.